The following is Open Game Content from a 3PP Source
Knight of Hell
Not all who join have what it takes to become a full-fledged Knight of Hell, but those who do receive a wide array of abilities as they grow more and more powerful.
Hit Die: d10.
To qualify to become a Knight of Hell, a character must fulfill all the following criteria.
Base Attack Bonus: +5.
Skills: Intimidate 5 ranks, Knowledge (planes) 2 ranks.
Armor Proficiency: Must be proficient with heavy armor.
Alignment: Any lawful.
Special: You must slay a devil with HD greater than your own. This victory must be witnessed by a Knight of Hell.
The Knight of Hell’s class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Intimidate (Cha), Knowledge (local) (Int), Perception (Wis), Ride (Dex), and Sense Motive (Wis).
Skill Ranks at Each Level: 2 + Int modifier.
|Knight of Hell|
|1st||+1||+1||+0||+0||Aura of law, detect chaos, order, smite chaos 1/day|
|2nd||+2||+1||+1||+1||Discern lies, Knight of Hell armor 1|
|3rd||+3||+2||+1||+1||Discipline 1, Force of will 1|
|4th||+4||+2||+1||+1||Smite chaos 2/day|
|5th||+5||+3||+2||+2||Knight of Hell armor 2|
|6th||+6||+3||+2||+2||Discipline 2, force of will 2|
|7th||+7||+4||+2||+2||Lawbringer, smite chaos 3/day|
|8th||+8||+4||+3||+3||Knight of Hell armor 3 (full speed)|
|9th||+9||+5||+3||+3||Discipline 3, force of will 3, infernal armor|
|10th||+10||+5||+3||+3||Hell’s knight, smite chaos 4/day|
The following are all class features of the Knight of Hell.
Weapon and Armor Proficiency: Knights of Hell gain no proficiency with any weapon or armor.
Aura of Law (Ex): The power of a Knight of Hell’s aura of law (see the detect law spell) is equal to his total character level.
Detect Chaos (Sp): This ability functions like a paladin’s detect evil ability, save that it detects chaos.
Order: A character must choose one Knight of Hell order to join. The choice of order determines what disciplines the character gains access to.
Smite Chaos (Su): This ability functions as the paladin’s smite evil ability, but against chaotic-aligned creatures. This ability is twice as effective against outsiders with the chaotic subtype, chaotic-aligned aberrations, and fey.
Discern Lies (Sp): At 2nd level, a Knight of Hell can use discern lies as a spell-like ability a number of times per day equal to 3 plus his Charisma modifier. His caster level equals his total character level.
** Knight of Hell Armor (Ex):** At 2nd level, a Knight of Hell earns the right to wear Knight of Hell armor. While wearing this armor, the Knight of Hell reduces the armor check penalty by 1, increases the maximum Dexterity bonus allowed by 1, and moves at full speed. At 5th level, these adjustments increase to 2. At 8th level, these adjustments increase to 3.
Disciplines: A 3rd-level Knight of Hell gains access to his first discipline, choosing one that is associated with his specific order. At 6th level, the Knight of Hell gains a second discipline, chosen from any listed as being available to “any order.” At 9th level, the Knight of Hell gains his third discipline, choosing this one from any of the disciplines listed below, even those not from his own order, with the exception of Pentamic Faith. When applicable, the save DC to resist a discipline’s effect is equal to DC 10 + the Knight of Hell’s level + the Knight of Hell’s Charisma modifier.
The Knight of Hell can use any one discipline a number of times per day equal to the total number of disciplines he has access to, so at 3rd level he may use his discipline once per day. At 6th level, he may use both disciplines twice per day each. At 9th level, he may use all three of his disciplines three times per day.
- Brand (Sp; Order of the Hellfire): The Knight of Hell can use mark of justice as a spell-like ability.
- Censor (Su; Order of the Poker): When the Knight of Hell uses smite chaos on a creature, he can strike the creature mute for 1d4 rounds unless it makes a successful Will save. A mute creature cannot speak, nor can it cast spells that have verbal components or use language-dependant effects.
- Fearsomeness (Ex; any order): A Knight of Hell who uses the Intimidate skill to cause a creature within 10 feet to become shaken can instead cause that creature to become frightened.
- Onslaught (Su; Order of the Glaive): Once per day as a free action, a Knight of Hell increases his base speed by +10 feet and gains a +4 bonus to his Strength for 1 round. If the Knight of Hell is mounted, these bonuses also apply to his mount.
- Pentamic Faith (Ex; Order of the Eshalqua only): This ability allows the Knight of Hell to select one of the following domains: Animal, Art, Law or Trickery. The Knight of Hell gains all of the granted powers (but not domain spells) of that domain, treating his Knight of Hell levels as cleric levels to determine what domain abilities he has access to.
- Shackle (Su; Order of the Manacle): When the Knight of Hell uses smite chaos on a creature, he can impede its mobility. The creature can negate this effect with a Will save; otherwise, it is affected as if by a slow spell for 1d4 rounds.
- Summon Devil (Sp; Order of the Portal): The Knight of Hell may use summon monster V as a spell-like ability to summon 1 bearded devil. At 6th level, this spell-like ability is replaced by summon monster VI, allowing him to summon 1d3 bearded devils, or 1 erinyes. And at 9th level, this spell-like ability is replaced by summon monster VII, allowing him to summon 1d4+1 bearded devils, 1d3 erinyes, or 1 bone devil.
- Tracker (Sp; any order): The Knight of Hell can summon a creature to aid him, either in battle or to track an enemy, as if using a summon monster spell, save that the summoned creature lingers for 1 hour before vanishing. A 6th-level Knight of Hell can summon either an eagle, a riding dog, a wolf, or a leopard. A 9th-level Knight of Hell can instead opt to summon a dire wolf or a hell hound.
- Vigilance (Su; Order of the Whip): The Knight of Hell gains low-light vision (this effect is constant). In addition, as a full-round action, the Knight of Hell can see through up to 5 feet of stone, wood, or similar barriers as if they didn’t exist. Metal or denser barriers block this effect. Each use of this ability lasts as long as the Knight of Hell concentrates, up to a number of rounds equal to the Knight of Hell’s level.
- Wrack (Su; any order): The Knight of Hell may make a touch attack as a standard action to cause a creature to suffer incredible pain. The creature touched takes 1d6 points of damage + the Knight of Hell’s Charisma modifier, and must make a Will save to avoid being staggered for 1d4 rounds.
Force of Will (Ex): At 3rd level, a Knight of Hell gains a +2 bonus on Will saves against spells with one of the following descriptors: charm, compulsion, glamer, fear, figment, pattern, or phantasm. At 6th level, the Knight of Hell chooses another subschool or descriptor to gain a +2 bonus on his Will save against, and the bonus provided by his first selection increases to +4. At 9th level, he chooses from the list again, and both previous selections increase by +2, so that he has a +6, a +4, and a +2 bonus, respectively, against the three different effects.
Lawbringer (Ex): At 7th level, a Knight of Hell’s attacks are treated as lawful for overcoming damage reduction.
Infernal Armor (Su): As long as he wears Knight of Hell armor, a 9th-level Knight of Hell gains a +2 bonus on all Charisma-related checks made while interacting with nongood lawful creatures. In addition, he gains the ability to see perfectly in darkness of any kind, resistance to fire 30, and resistance to acid 10 and cold 10.
Hell’s Knight (Su): At 10th level, a Knight of Hell can grant a weapon he wields or touches the axiomatic, flaming burst, or unholy weapon quality. This weapon maintains this new quality as long as the Knight of Hell remains within 100 feet of the weapon—a Knight of Hell may maintain only a single weapon’s granted quality at a time. The Knight of Hell also becomes immune to fire while wearing Knight of Hell armor.